Lamb with "stamnagathi" dantilion, egg and lemon sauce
This is a traditional food in Crete with the characteristic local herb of Crete, called dantelion.
1 ½ kg lamb, 1 kg dantelion, 2 onions, 2 eggs , Felea olive oil , lemon, salt and pepper.
- Wash thorough and cut up dantelion
- Put it in a pot and leave to boil for 5 min, before put a pinch of salt. Then drain
- Slice up the lamb into portions, wash it and season it with salt.
- In a large pot, pour Felea olive oil and put the sliced onions. Leave to cook for a few minutes and then add the sliced lamb. Leave it to cook for an hour and then add the dantelion the pepper and leave on the fire for a few more minutes.
- In a bowl, break the eggs and add the juice of one lemon. Pour some of the gravy from the lamb into the egg and lemon sauce, without cooking the eggs, keep on stirring.
- Pour the egg and lemon sauce in the pot with the lamb and stir. Leave to settle.